Monday, May 26, 2008

Word check-up

A man's (moral) self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil]. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. ~Proverbs 18:20-21 Amplified KJV

This verse says that the power of life and death is in the tongue. This means that either you are speaking life giving words or words that bring about death. This verse didn't say there are some life words, some death words, and then words that don't really matter. No, the words you speak only fall into two categories, Life or Death.

But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement. ~Matthew 12:36 KJV

So, we can see that all words are important and all words contain power. And that we must be satisfied with the words we speak. I know that the words that God speaks are Life. I will have health, happiness, and peace, regardless of my circumstances if I speak these words. And I choose to speak those. I have learned that if I speak words of fear, sickness and disease, that these are death words. And these words will only bring those things which I fear most, just as Job discovered. I have made a choice to put God's words in my mouth. I choose the path of life. I am walking in health and healing, and will all the days of my life. No evil will befall me, neither shall any plague come nigh my dwelling. For the Lord has given His angles charge over me in all my ways, and in my pathway is life and there is no death.

If you are fighting sickness of any sort, I encourage you to check-up on the words you are saying. Speak life, speak health, speak peace, speak God's word for yourself.

No comments: