Sunday, February 22, 2009

So Tender is Our God

I have been reading the book of Isaiah the last few weeks and came to the last book and found such a beautiful word picture. It portrays the beautiful tenderness of our God. And how lovingly He takes care of us.

12 For thus says the Lord: Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; then you will be nursed, you will be carried on her hip and trotted [lovingly bounced up and down] on her [God's maternal] knees. 13 As one whom his mother comforts, so will I comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem. 14 When you see this, your heart shall rejoice; your bones shall flourish like green and tender grass. And the [powerful] hand of the Lord shall be revealed and known to be with His servants, but His indignation [shown] to be against His enemies.

Isaiah 66:12-14 (AMP)

I can remember when my children were infants, and the bond that was formed as I nursed them. I would tenderly stroke their hair. I would hold and rock them in my arms. How I loved those moments. This is how God sees us. He is tenderly guiding our lives, with His mighty right hand. He surrounds us with His grace to comfort and uphold us.

BendingMotherChild Pictures, Images and Photos And because of His love and grace we can rejoice. And in this grace we will flourish. Our bodies and our children shall be strong and mighty, because of the Lord's powerful right hand, Jesus Christ.

No comments: